Featured post

What happened when I tried learning from a chatbot!

Learning from a bot, a personal experience In this post I want to give a short review of an online course that I recently compl...

Saturday, 12 March 2016

Day Twenty Four - the most difficult to date



Day Twenty Four

This really is the most difficult day so far, which sort of spoils the notion that things can become a habit after thirty days of practice.  It has taken every ounce of effort that I have to sit here and boot up the computer. I sat here a long time with no words coming out at all.

What is strange is that yesterday I had no plan and sat down, thought “I will write a bit about the differences of being in the UAE and Finland and before I knew it I was well over the 500 words, without even really thinking very hard at all. 

But today things are a bit different.

I do feel tired, that is a factor I guess.  The day has not been great, the news of Erik Duval passing was very sad. For sure that has affected my mood.

 .......

There was a ten minute break there where I just started at the screen and it took all my will not to go off to social media or check my email or read the news.  This is not my usual practice. It was when I started this but of late I could just sit down and write until it was done.   So today feels like I am going backwards and to be honest, right now, there are one hundred things I could list that I would rather be doing that writing this blog post.

I have already decided that I am just going to hit publish at the end, rather than look for pictures with “reuse rights” on Google to illustrate or play with the formatting.   By the way, for the record I still write these mostly in MS Word and then copy and paste into Blogger rather than writing them directly online into the Blogger template.  This helps with formatting, spell checker and word count and I just prefer my usual writing tool rather than using different interfaces.  To be honest I even write a lot of my longer emails and other work in Word and then paste across.   I got into the habit when I did not have robust internet and would lose work and then the more writing I did with Word the more of a habit it became to just have a blank document open all the time and us it as a canvas for writing and cut and pasting into whatever.

Anyway, apologies for wasting your time tonight if you read this as I actually do not really say anything at all worth saying, all I am doing is keeping the unbroken streak and proving I can put finger to keyboard when in fact, I would much rather already be asleep.

Earlier today I did have some ideas for this post and you know, I had forgotten that until now.  I had read an article I was going to refer to and then I read some more of ‘We Robot’ by Curtis White that I mentioned in an earlier post and again I was going to talk about that as well.  However – I am now a little over 520 words and so – goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. If nothing else, this kept me amused while putting Nicholas' lunch box together. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete