Featured post

What happened when I tried learning from a chatbot!

Learning from a bot, a personal experience In this post I want to give a short review of an online course that I recently compl...

Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Day Fourteen - no clickbait or lovers today



Day Fourteen

No clickbait today.
So here I am two weeks in and about half way through.  Thank you if you are still here.  This is really tough at the moment, to do this while traveling and staying in a hotel.  My day is spent at an exhibition and having meetings and then to write after a long day, when I really do not feel like it is hard.  But here we are.

Today I came across this piece on Medium about a person who kept the writing habit going for a year and it really connected with me because it talks about similar things to how I feel about writing.  That it is about the process and that in fact it is really for me and how it makes me feel.  Others may get this from perhaps painting or playing a musical instrument I guess.  You may recall that in an earlier post about why I was doing this, one of my bullet points was “because writing changes me”.

This is so true and it is one of the things the writer in the piece connects to.  I also empathize with how he is less critical of the creative work of others and I have really been starting to feel that as well.  Over the last week I have started to realize just how critical I am of others and their work and ideas and I have started to reflect that most often they are just doing the best they can and should shut the .... up!

Today was a busy day but it was really nice to see some of my old friends and colleagues from when Dubai was my home and have the chance to catch up, proving, if it needed proving, that it is always about the people.  When I am on this type of trip it always feels so rushed but at least there is time for a quick coffee or beer and a chat.   Perhaps that is the best way.

I am really struggling now… What to write?   I do not want to turn to politics, the US election or current affairs as it would feel phony, that I was just doing that to find things to write about because I am stuck.  It would be fake because I feel no passion for them today.  It would be real if I felt that I had something I wanted to say and share about them.

Last night I had no idea what to write, that piece on Dubai, comparing the city to a lover, came out of the blue, it was not preplanned in my head or a notebook.  When I started typing it just feel out of my fingers and today that is just not happening at all.  I can only apologize if you are bored and tell you I am tired and I want to be quiet as I have talked all day long, talked and smiled and been nice and polite and interested.  Now I want to just be.
Abide my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Abiding Sir! For what it's worth, I think this post really ties the blog together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://youtu.be/pWdd6_ZxX8c

    ReplyDelete