Featured post

What happened when I tried learning from a chatbot!

Learning from a bot, a personal experience In this post I want to give a short review of an online course that I recently compl...

Saturday, 5 March 2016

Day Seventeen - what is in a name?



Day Seventeen

Greetings dear readers.  This is being written on my iPad in a hotel reception.  It is going to be tough to get this done as I have been busy all day running a symposium and now I have to get ready to fly back to Finland.

I think that in the end the day was worthwhile and useful, but it has not been without its problems and frustrations.  However, we are done and all was well in the end.

The day has made me feel really happy and lucky to have such great friends who take time out of their own schedule to meet me and support me and if any of you are reading this (you know who you are) thank you.

Yesterday, in the comments section I was asked about the name of the whole blog, (Paradigm Shift) a really good question as it was chosen some time ago because it works for me on a number of levels.  The intention at the time I created the blog back in Sept 2014 was to write on that topic as part of a MOOC I was taking . Despite good intentions that never really happened.  Then the blog started to be used for an assortment of other random posts until the challenge can along.  I thought about a new blog just for this challenge, but then decided to use the same one and to just see what emerged.

I am now slowly coming to some former ideas about the direction that this blog will take when the writing challenge has finished. Indeed perhaps before I finish if I get some time to really sit down and think about what it is I want to say and how I want to say it.

I am going to admit to feeling a bit apprehensive about that and this is why I need and want to think as I feel I will be really laying myself open and putting myself out to be flamed and trolled and all the outset delightful online anti-social behaviors that exist.

I will do, but I just want to think carefully and try to express myself and my message clearly.

So there we are for now as I sit and wait frustrated for a courier.  

Later

The courier turned up and that part ended well.  Now I have to grab a little sleep before I get up at 2:30 am to go to the airport.  Dubai airport at the time of the morning will most likely be really busy and I am dreading the crowds and the heat and so on. 

With time travelling tomorrow I hope to have time to formulate a more constructive post with more content for you, that is, unless I just fall asleep during the trip.   I do have some ideas floating around in my head and I need to work on those a bit.  This stream of consciousness stuff is staring to annoy me now.  So – take care and good night.  Abide.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you slept on the flight. I know these return trips to Dubai wear you out. It makes you double or triple duty compared to visiting places you haven't lived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this interesting section on stream of consciousness in Jose Saramago's "The History of the Siege of Lisbon" today. I thought I'd share it with you.

    ...the truth is that the person who thinks only knows what he is thinking and not why he thought it, we think from the moment we are born, I suppose, but do not know what our first thought might have been, the one from which all others have subsequently come, the definitive biography of each one of us would be to ascend the river of thoughts to its primeval source, and presumably change our life, were it possible to retrace their course, to suddenly have another thought and pursue it, so that we might arrive at the day in which we find ourselves...

    ReplyDelete