Day Twelve - clocking up the miles
I am literally 35,000 feet in the air over Iran as I write
this using the notes app on my iPad. Later I will email it to myself and then
copy it into Blogger. What a world we live in.
If I had written an essay at school about how one day in my
lifetime I would we writing while flying to the Middle East, on a electronic
device that can connect to anywhere in the world. That the writing would be
published globally the same day and read in real time by friends who live all
over the world, who could comment on it and share it - well it would have been
classified as Science Fiction.
But here
we are.
I use these tools all the time and yet when I reflect on
them, they still amaze me. The fact that
I have lived almost 40% of my life overseas from the UK also surprises me. Funny how life turns out!
My day did not start well, I got pissed off. Those who
follow me on social media will know that already. Perhaps I should try harder to not let those
things piss me off but they do. You see
I just hate poor service that does need to be poor and I hate being ripped off
and I felt ripped off and poorly served.
I do not want this blog to become a rant about those things
and all the things in the world that piss me off. So I am not going to dwell and go on about
that, at least not this post. (smile – but if you do want my rants, just let me
know).
Later that day -
Now I am in my hotel room in Dubai, by the World Trade
Centre, I have eaten and showered and feel better. I also feel very positive because during the
flight I had a sort of moment of clarity and I now feel that I know where this
writing is going to lead me when the challenge finishes. I am going to continue writing, but not every
day, but once a week, twice at most.
I now know the topic but it took this process and some
reading to find it but when it clicked, it was clear or at least seems it at
the moment.
It will be related to education, but not just another
education blog. It might touch on technology but will not be an Educational
Technology blog – those are all done by other people and they are done much
better than I could ever do them. In a
later post I can link to some of those that I think are the best in the field
and worth following.
It is not going to be about business and finance, though it
is connected to that and especially to economics. It will not directly be about politics and
activism, though again – it will for sure bring in those aspects.
So it will be at the intersection of those things, which is
kind of where I am in terms of my education and experience and knowledge and
interests. I am still pulling the ideas
together and thinking about purpose (Dr, Slowbow) will be pleased about that I
guess.
I am sure I will tell you more in a future post, but until
then….
‘Abide’ as the Dude famously said.
No comments:
Post a Comment